AMAZING Oreo cupcakes! EASY from scratch chocolate Oreo cupcake recipe.
Cupcake Oreo’s are sure to please family, friends and kids. These are the
BEST cupcakes and so simple to make. Learn how to make cupcake Oreo’s.
Chocolate cupcakes with Oreo in the middle is the perfect treat, snack or dessert.
These also make great party cupcakes for kids birthdays, Holidays, Easter or
any celebration. You are going to want to check out these sweet treats.
So grab your Oreo cupcakes ingredients and let’s bake up some of the BEST
chocolate cupcakes! Make homemade from scratch chocolate Oreo cupcakes!
- 1 C flour
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 package of dark chocolate Oreo’s, 22 cut in half
- 1 piping bag fitted with a medium star tip
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 C Semi Sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Cupcakes Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line your cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisk to combine.
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar stir until combined.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter in the cupcake liners. Fill each one 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool
Chocolate Frosting Instructions
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter, cocoa powder, powered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until combined and smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop frosting into piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips around the base of the frosting
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
- In a small saucepan, pour the heavy whipping cream into it and bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Pour the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream starts to simmer, remove from heat
- Pour over chocolate chips and allow to sit for one minute
- Whisk until smooth
- Scoop ganache into a piping bag and cut the tip off
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the cupcakes
- Place the cut Oreo’s into the top center of the frosting
Makes 22 cupcakes