Keto Huli Huli Chicken
Settle in for the most delicious keto Huli Huli Chicken. This low carb Huli Huli Chicken recipe will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Keto Huli Huli Chicken is a Hawaiian dish made of chicken thighs that have been marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, chicken broth, ginger paste, and minced garlic. The chicken is then grilled or broiled until it is cooked through. Since this is a Keto dish, sugar free ingredients are used!
Where is Huli Huli chicken from?
Huli Huli chicken is a Hawaiian dish that was created on the island of Oahu in the 1950s. It gets its name from the fact that the chicken is cooked on a hula hoop over an open fire. The chicken is turned or rotated (huli means “turn” in Hawaiian) during cooking so that it evenly browns all over.
Why You’ll Love Huli Huli Chicken
- The flavor is out of this world. Huli huli chicken is marinated in a special sauce that gives it a unique flavor that you won’t find anywhere else.
- It’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, Huli Huli chicken is always a hit.
- It’s easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this delicious dish on the table in no time.
Variations for This Huli Huli Chicken Recipe
- If you’re not a fan of chicken thighs, you can use chicken breasts or chicken drumsticks instead.
- For a little extra flavor and a non-Keto version, try adding some pineapple juice to the marinade. Keto huli huli chicken and pineapple don’t exactly go together if you’re trying to watch your carbs!
- Cooking the chicken on a grill is fully acceptable, but you can also use the stovetop!
Check out these other
Keto Chicken Recipes
How to Make Keto Huli Huli Chicken
Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
Preheat the indoor or outdoor grill.
Grill for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
How to Store
Fridge: Huli Huli chicken will last in the fridge for up to four days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container or zip-top bag to keep it fresh.
Freezer: This dish can also be frozen for up to three months. Again, store it in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
What should I serve with Huli Huli Chicken?
Cauliflower rice, macaroni salad, and green salad are all excellent side dish options for this Huli Huli chicken dish.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes! In fact, it’s best to marinate the chicken thighs overnight so that the flavors have time to really develop. Keto huli huli chicken ingredients are easy enough that you can make the dish ahead of time and enjoy it within a few days.
What is the best way to cook Huli Huli Chicken?
The best way to make this Hawaiian recipe is to grill the chicken thighs. Be sure to oil the grates so that the chicken doesn’t stick while it’s cooking.
If you prefer, you can broil the dish, but you’ll want to be sure to watch the chicken closely so that it doesn’t overcook.
What is the difference between Huli Huli Chicken and Hawaiian BBQ Chicken?
Huli Huli Chicken is marinated in a special sauce, while Hawaiian BBQ Chicken is typically just grilled or roasted.
Keto Huli Huli chicken is unlike any other chicken dish you’ve eaten before. Since this version is Keto-fied, you can enjoy it and now worry about the extra calories. It’s also nice to get a new type of chicken into your meal rotation. Have you ever made Huli Huli Chicken? If so, what did you think?
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT 📌
📌 FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE
Keto Huli Huli Chicken
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ C. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar free ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Ginger paste
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat the indoor or outdoor grill.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
I would love for you to share a link to this recipe, but please Do Not copy/paste the recipe or instructions to social media or websites. You may share one photo with a link back.
Do Not Forget To Pin! So you can come back and make this tasty keto Huli Huli Chicken recipe!
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Kimspireddiy are allergen-free, sugar free, gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) Weight Watcher friendly, Keto friendly or Vegetarian friendly. Kimspireddiy assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, nutrition, points, opinions or comments on this site. Even though nutritional information is given it is the readers responsibility to calculate points, net carbs & nutritional information. KimspiredDIY holds no responsibility for calculations.